By Dr Anantha Krishnan M
Bengaluru, Feb 28: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s maiden full-fledged budget gave India’s defence sector a hike of 9.46 per cent (Rs 2,46,727 crore) for the FY 2015-16. The increase of mere Rs 23,357 crore (current financial year estimates is Rs 2,22,370 crore) is seen as an indication of major policy changes this sector is likely to witness in the next six months.
The budget has disappointed those batting for more funds for the military modernisation. Even the SMEs and MSMEs too seem to be not jumping in joy yet, as they expected more from the Jaitley suitcase.
* Let’s wait and watch: Matheswaran
* Tax reduction on tech royalties welcome: Puneet
* Budget not inspiring for MSMEs: Dinesh
* Military modernisation to get hit: Brig Gurmeet
* No need to get disappointed: Dr C G K Nair
* FM did justice to defence sector: Raj
* Our Take | OneIndia
Read the full report on OneIndia, here: http://bit.ly/1GAk3ZQ