India will name its next-generation hypersonic version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile after former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam.
BrahMos CEO Sudhir Kumar Mishra told OneIndia that the decision has been already taken to name the hypersonic version of the missile after Guru Kalam, whenever it is ready for induction.
“As you know the hypersonic version is a futuristic missile and we have already started the work on it. It is still on the drawing board stage. We thought it will be a fitting tribute to Guru Kalam by naming the missile after him. It was his dream that India develop hypersonic missiles,” Mishra said.
“The DNA for BrahMos was created by Guru Kalam. It was his idea. The soul of BrahMos is definitely Guru Kalam. We owe him a lot for the success of the missile. He convinced us that BrahMos was a possibility and we followed his vision,” Mishra said.
Full report, here: http://bit.ly/1IOsGPs
Also read my recent
reports on Guru Kalam
* Assets, royalties to go to elder brother: http://bit.ly/1eLfa7f
* Aides fight it out over social media accounts: http://goo.gl/jmHeQJ
* Wish we all worked together: http://bit.ly/1IPcj9K
* Family wants no controversies in his name: http://bit.ly/1Usnl8R
* Tribute to Guru Kalam: http://bit.ly/1DwNLCk