Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: ‪#‎TFOTY‬ | Jaipur boy, an NIT student with big dreams, is Tarmak007 Follower of the Year 2015 on FB

For regular updates, visit: https://www.facebook.com/Tarmak007

Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart

Saturday, January 16, 2016

‪#‎TFOTY‬ | Jaipur boy, an NIT student with big dreams, is Tarmak007 Follower of the Year 2015 on FB


Lokesh Meena, a 19-year-old engineering student hailing from Bassi sub-division near Jaipur in Rajasthan, is the Tarmak007 Follower of the Year 2015, ‪#‎FOTY‬. Lokesh is a 2nd year engineering student at NIT Jaipur.
Hailing from a middle-class family, Lokesh’s father, Sree Bholaram Meena, is a Social Science teacher at Government School in Mahadevapura, near Jaipur and mother, Ramlatha, is a homemaker. Lokesh has two younger siblings – Kavitha (11th Class) and Neeraj (9th Class). He had scored 84 per cent aggregate in his 12th and 93 per cent for Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
Why he likes Tarmak007? “I love Tarmak007 and it is free of trolls. It is the most reliable pages on India defence. I get notification every time, a post goes live,” said Lokesh, when he was contacted over phone.
My record shows, Lokesh as a member of Tarmak007 since 8 October 2014. He joined this group on an IAF Day in 2014.
In fact, Lokesh was speechless, when I called him today to share the news. From afternoon, I was engaging him in a conversation via FB messenger and never told him what was in store for him. He wasn’t aware even after I asked his mobile number.
“I can’t believe this,” the big dreamer from Bassi said.
Wants to become a DRDO scientist: Lokesh says he wants to become a DRDO scientist, once he completes his engineering course in Electronics and Communication.
“Yes, I always wanted to become a DRDO scientist. I wanted to become a radar scientist and I have set my goals. They are intact. I want to join LRDE of DRDO,” he says.
He got inspired after reading the Hindi translation of ‘Autobiography of Vladimir Shatalov,’ a Russian cosmonaut.
“I read it when I was in 5th Class and since then I wanted to become a scientist,” says Lokesh, who was even shy to share his photograph with Tarmak007.
When asked about his thoughts on India, the young follower of Tarmak007 said: “I love India, despite all the problems we have. I am proud of India.”
Finally, when reminded about the goodies (http://on.fb.me/1IedeCs) he would receive from Tarmak007, including an-all-expenses-paid-trip to Bangalore, Lokesh said: “It’s a dream. I have my holidays after my 4th semester exams in April. And, may be after that…,”
The boy was also surprised to hear the modes used by Tarmak007 to track his comments, his number of likes, his visits to the blog and most importantly, his silent participation seeking knowledge.
Dream trip to Bangalore: Lokesh says his parents might not give the permission to travel to Bangalore alone now! 
“That’s no worries. You will grow up a little more and your parents will be confident. Else welcome to Bangalore with your parents,” I told Meena. 
I am inspired to hear Lokesh’s (meena7149@gmail.com) story and glad that I narrowed down on a well-deserving follower! Guru Kalam would have loved to meet this boy!
Last year it was Sharan Palan, a 23-year-old young man from Mumbai, who was chosen as #TFOTY.
Everyone is a winner! It was a tough call I had to make considering there were many who followed every post like a shadow. Karthik Kakoor, Ebin George, Gagan Sohal, Ajeesh Champakkara, Debasis Dash, Ji Josna, Deeti Dave, Sudipta Nayak and Partha Das to name a few. The list is long and every year there are tonnes of new faces.
I am happy that as an aerospace journalist I am able to connect with so many of you every moment. And, you folks keep me going. And, together we continue to script clean blogging. Every day!
Thank you all.
Congrats Lokesh Meena!

Tarmak007


(#TFOTY is an annual award that recognizes the efforts of regular visitors on Tarmak007's FB page https://www.facebook.com/Tarmak007/.
It is aimed at honouring all those who support clean blogging and commenting.)

(Tejas begins practice sorties at Bahrain http://bit.ly/206bYGq)

For regular updates, visit: https://www.facebook.com/Tarmak007