Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Meanwhile, a small milestone!

For regular updates, visit: https://www.facebook.com/Tarmak007

Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart Clipart

Monday, November 5, 2012

Meanwhile, a small milestone!

Dear members and visitors,

I have been conferred with a PhD Degree in Journalism and Communication from Mysore University, India. It was my late mother's dream, that I must take a doctorate in Journalism, after I left my engineering course mid-way in 1992. While I dedicate this degree to my mother, I also want to thank Tarmak007 registered members, regular visitors and occasional followers for realizing that I was on the last lap of an important mission. Blogging did take a backseat in the last few months. 

During the PhD research, host of communication tools that triggered people power, were put under the radar. Synopsis of the thesis will be on the blog, after necessary clearances come from Mysore University. It took exactly five years to complete the thesis.

In the mean time, in addition to writing on the plane stuff at The New Indian Express, I am now given the responsibility to head the paper's daily supplement, City Express. I head a young team of promising journalists at CE, capturing the pulse of Bangalore city.

Thanking all my friends who backed me during the research period. Almighty for giving me the strength, when the going was tough.


Tarmak007

For regular updates, visit: https://www.facebook.com/Tarmak007